H.I.S Pocket Wi-Fi Rental for Tokyo Trip

To travel around Tokyo with high speed data connectivity is a must if you want to use the Google Map for navigation or check on the train services. Of course, the ideal is to stay connected all the time even when we are travelling so that we can upload pictures and posts about our visits instantly. Although there are many free Wi-Fi hotspot around Tokyo such as in the subway station, some convenient stores or shops, it is still more convenient if we our own data connection.
There are many options now available to use data when we travel. There are SIM card from various telcos or rent a pocket Wi-Fi router that can be shared with multiple devices. During my recent Tokyo trip, I rented the H.I.S LTE pocket Wi-Fi for just RM15 per day. For my 6 days trip, I only pay RM90 in total (deposit not required as they only need a copy of the credit card, in case of lost or damage of the device). The plus point of their rental policy is that they only charge for the number of days in Tokyo but we can collect the device 3 days before the date of departure and return the device within 3 days after our trip without any charges.

This device uses Softbank 4G LTE high speed network, unlimited data usage and allow connection of up to 10 devices. We are satisfied with the battery life which can perform very well up to 8 hours for 2 connected device (advertised on their website: up to 9 hours).

I have not tried other providers yet but I can happily say that I am very satisfy with this one. The connection was fast and stable, even in the underground street. Most importantly, it only cost RM15 per day which I belief is very reasonable for unlimited data usage.

In case if you want to give it a try, this is their website: http://www.his.com.my/pocket-wi-fi-rental/

Comments

Popular Posts