6 Days Ramen Adventures

For my recent trip to Tokyo, I managed to try out different ramen each day. Here are the 6 different ramen I had in 6 days:

Day 1: Ramen Kagetsu Arashi @ Narita InternationalAirport
Arashi is a popular ramen noodle shop all over Japan. The secret to its popularity is soup created from large portions of pork back fat stewed slowly over a low flame. Kagetsu's No.1 dish: Ramen noodles with garlic cloves.
Day 2: Afuri Ramen Tokyo @ Roppongi
Afuri Ramen is famous for their special Yuzu Ramen. I tried the Yuzu Shoyu Ramen and it taste good. Something that I won't get to taste elsewhere, refreshing!
Same like other ramen restaurants, ordering has to be done with this machine.
The menu...check out the drawing at the bottom that says "Sold out". Kawaii!
Day 3: Baikohken Tokyo @ KITTE
This ramen reminds me of Asahikawa. Baikohken ramen is from far north of Japan, Asahikawa. It is pork-based shoyu ramen with a more stronger salty taste. Anyway, the specialty of Asahikawa ramen is the butter and corns in the soup.
Note that there is no English menu in this restaurant but we are glad that the staff can speak good English and explained to us their specialty ramen. Located at the 5th Floor KITTE shopping mall, it is a worth trying ramen restaurant with some nice selection menu and Tokyo Station window view.
Day 4: Ichiran Ramen 一蘭 @ Shinjuku
No doubt, this is the best tonkotsu ramen that I ever had, especially when I can customise it according to my taste.
Since it is one of the Japan's best ramen and it is so popular among tourist, don't expect to get into the restaurant without a long queue. This is just part of the waiting line...
Yup, the restaurant is at basement so another half of the queue starts here from the ground entrance.
Took us nearly 1 hour to get into the restaurant and purchase the tickets at the machine. Still got to wait for seats here....
Despite of the long waiting time, it is worth it.
Day 5: Rokurinsha つけめん 六厘舎 @ Skytree, Oshiage
Okay, Rokurinsha is best known for Tsukemen (Special Dip Noodle) but I wanted to try their Soy Sauce and Pork Bone Broth ramen instead. Taste Good! By the way, this is another long queue famous ramen brand in Tokyo. 
Day 6: Rokurinsha つけめん 六厘舎 (Yes, again!) @ Haneda International Airport
This is the famous Rokurinsha tsukemen. I need to try it myself  after seeing many people enjoying it at the Skytree restaurant. The noodles are thicker (like udon) and the dipping soup is very rich of pork bone broth. Personally, I prefer their their regular ramen more than this dipping tsukemen.
That's all for now. My ramen adventures will continue....

Comments

Popular Posts