Strange Phone Call - Sounded like Con Man

This morning, I received a call (from +6016-3364092) with a Malay-speakiing man asking for my full name. Then he introduces himself as a staff from Chartis Malaysia, responsible for "1-Malaysia Insurance Policy". He claims that all credit card in Malaysia will be covered by this insurance policy and mine is expiring soon.

I have not heard about something like this before and thought how come the government 1-Malaysia campaign is so good to the extent of offering us insurance coverage for credit card. So, I asked him what is this all about. He explained again the same thing (basically not explaining anything), saying this is a 1-Malaysia insurance for my credit card.

When I asked him, which credit card you are refering to? He paused and said "the credit card that you have. There is only 1 credit card right? You use credit card correct?"

At that point, I started to feel strange and something is not right. I then asked him, so which credit card are you refering? Since when my credit card has been covered under this insurance policy that I am not aware of?

He did not answered any of my question, and repeatedly asking me if I am using a credit card. I believe he wanted to trick me to tell him my credit card number. If he is really from Chartis Malaysia and if there is already a policy, for sure he will know the credit card details.

Okay, I am being nice to him. I told asked if he is trying to sell me insurance by Chartis. Maybe my malay is not good enough or he is not interested with my question, he responded with the same question, "you use credit card right?"

I started to piss-off and told him, I don't trust you and if I really have a policy with you, please email or post to me.

Well, I can't deny that this guy is really good menace. He says no problem, thank you and then hang up.

I really don't know how they got my full name and contact number. I don't know if this call is genuien or with some bad intention. The world we are living now is too scary. With the advancement of Information Communication Technology, there are more ways that we can be taken advantages of. What can we do to stop all these spam and con business? I really don't have the answer....


Comments

  1. what a scary world right? I did receive many many strange calls,some said "congratulations..." and at the end i checked website for the winner names,none of my name stated,the malay guy then started to speak "#@&*%&" rudely to me. U r lucky,u met a good guy,hahaha!

    so,kekeke...dun say we r complicated & not easily trust someone...we juz wanna protect ourselves & without hurting anyone else...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts