Creative Language

What are the common words you see when you read a restaurant menu? This is something very interesting and me and my friend has to "PAUSE" and think a while before we can understand the rationale of it.

Look at the title/header for the list of food you can order, which cost you RM5.90. You will see the word "Speculation".

At first, I was really shocked to see such a word here and best part is, it is the header for a list of fried and hot work foods. Uncle Ben is really creative, he really make us pause and confuse. Then, I came to think about "direct Chinese translation". For fried, we pronounce it as "Chow" or "Chao" in Cantonese. The term "Chao" in Cantonese also share market speculation, such as trading in stock exchange market. Got it?

So, I guess Uncle Ben is a professional speculator and he has leverage his skills in the business and bring it further to the wok!

Comments

Popular Posts